Friday, March 8, 2013

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

Well, it's Friday night. Which means it's the weekend, and for my boys, it's spring break! Which means, I get to find lots of crafts to keep them busy and entertained. Lots of baking as well. So, I thought I would share this delicious recipe I found online (http://damndelicious.tumblr.com/post/31507823030/white-chocolate-blueberry-oatmeal-cookies). I tweaked it a bit for my own liking and my husband's liking. :)

Unfortunately, I have no picture for these cookies, they did not last long enough. However, I will be baking them again this week and will take a picture. :)

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) UNsalted Butter, Softened
2/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.

Gently fold in butterscotch chips.

Drop small amounts of batter onto prepared cookie sheet and press down to flatten.

Place in oven and bake until edges are golden brown but center is still moist, about 7-10 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

These oatmeal cookies were delicious. Even the batter was delicious. I wanted to just eat the batter and not even bake them! They were very easy to make, and quite fun. Easy to clean up after as well. :) Would make a fantastic midnight snack. :)

I hope you have a very sweet night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Home Life Recycler
"Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde